You can register for FREE

Search

Advanced Search

Who is Online

In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 310 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:40 pm

Sainsbury are dispatching Roger and stuart's new book today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hoverfly Recording Scheme Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Sainsbury are dispatching Roger and stuart's new book today! Reply with quote

Just called Sainsbury's Ballyboing, Newry, Northern Ireland call centre and they assure me Roger and stuart's new book "Britain's Hoverflies: An Introduction to the Hoverflies of Britain and Ireland" has been despatched today Smile only £19.99.

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Books/Paperback/STUART-BALL/Britain-s-Hoverflies-An-Introduction-to-the-Hoverflies-of-Britain/product.html?product=E11118878
Ian Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather hoping that those of us who ordered it direct, early on, will not be too far behind! Wink

Not sure I would want to buy it from Sainsbury's...better to support someone like Pemberley Books, so that the supply of other entomological books does not disappear due to lack of custom. Doesn't seem right that a supermarket should be depriving a proper natural history bookshop of custom, to me.

Ian
Marc T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian I acknowledge your opinion, however that Ian Johnson has had and continues to have my custom he can attest. Including spending funds with him from several of the societies I belong to.

Currently following self funded studies which depleted my funds to functionally zero I did gain work albeit it temporary. Unfortunately for me having completed my training I fell down my employers stairs, two ruptured quadriceps, two re-constructive operations lh + rh and now 6-8 weeks with nought but £67.50 statutory sick pay to live on, I need to economise (god help me I await further advice on spending unearned state benefits on the book too).

So did I go for a book on this occasion for £25.50 inc p+p or for £18.99 (a saving of 34%) all in? Perhaps you'd swap my leg braces and try on my shoes, then let me know what you would do in these very exacting and personal circumstances.

I do wonder how another less gregarious and capable of holding their corner like myself would have taken your reply, possibly less philosophically and more personally.

Once again I respect your opinion and enshrine everyone's right to that, but pause before issuing it, particularly if you don't have all the facts of the situation to hand.

Best wishes and seriously without any soreness apart from these bloody legs, see you in the field soon Very Happy

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hoverfly Recording Scheme Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: